2 year program, for ECE Corps Members Only
Classes held in Chicago (on campus and online)
Application/enrollment begins February 15th, 2017
Educator License with Stipulations achieved August 2017
Get to Know Erikson
Erikson Institute is the premier independent institution of higher education committed to ensuring that all children have equitable opportunities to realize their potential.
Recognized for our groundbreaking work in the field of early childhood for the past 50 years, we uniquely prepare child development, education, and social work leaders to improve the lives of young children and their families. Our impact and influence are further amplified through our innovative academic programs, applied research, knowledge creation and distribution, direct service, and field-wide advocacy.
Because nothing matters more than a child’s early years, Erikson Institute educates, inspires, and promotes leadership to serve the needs of children and families so that all can achieve optimal educational, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
ERIKSON'S SHARED VALUES
- Relationship-based education: The Erikson approach to education recognizes the centrality of all relationships in all learning.
- Commitment to social justice: We seek to contribute to a significant improvement in the quality, effectiveness, and equity of education and services for all children and families and to help children develop to their fullest potential.
- Diversity: We are dedicated to addressing the interests and needs of an increasingly diverse society. We prepare professionals to work with populations that vary in age, race, ethnicity, and physical and mental abilities.
- Complexity: We seek to understand and value the interplay of various biological, psychological, cultural, historical, and social factors that influence each child.
- High standards and excellence: Our graduates consistently tell us that Erikson’s academic programs are exacting and more than worth the effort.
Early Childhood Education: approximately $9,200 per year
The above cost represents your estimated out-of-pocket yearly tuition pre-AmeriCorps full-time award. If you are eligible for the full-time AmeriCorps award you will be able to apply that towards your tuition to significantly reduce the out of pocket cost to $3,250 per year. For example, if you receive the AmeriCorps full-time award for 2017-18 (and it totals the predicted $5,920), you can expect to pay $3,250 per year for tuition (after the AmeriCorps award amount is applied).
- Immediately after confirming your offer: Read about Erikson Institute on the hub, ask the Onboarding team questions (no direct action)
- Within 2 weeks of confirming your offer-June 1st: You will receive an email from Erikson welcoming you to their program and linking you to the Online application. Once your receive that email complete the Erikson application process – there is no application fee
- Late June – Mid-August: Complete the Erikson Summer Training course work (most of this will be built into your Summer Training experience
- Friday, August 25th: Fall semester classes begin