Your favorite conference is back!
The Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation Team at Teach For America is excited to invite you to attend the 2018 Entrepreneurs United Conference taking place Friday, July 27th 2018 through Saturday, July 28th 2018.
Register HERE to secure the early bird rate of only $35!! Read on below to learn more about the conference
About the Conference
The 2018 Entrepreneurs United Conference will focus on strengthening community, building skill, and cultivating connections for early and later stage entrepreneurs. This is a unique convening that routinely attracts women, people of color, first time entrepreneurs, and alumni committed to supporting one another.
This year we are focusing on the unique role that Teach For America plays for an entrepreneur: highlighting the need for innovation as a swift and necessary response to unsolved challenges around us, developing the skills to accelerate your development as an entrepreneur, and having open conversations that often go on behind closed doors.
- Connections: We are creating the time and space for you to learn with and from other leaders that may be just a year or two ahead of where you are – giving you the attainable and reachable goals. But we are also elevating seasoned leaders to share not only what they’ve learned but the many routes they have taken to get there. We know there is no one single path to being a successful entrepreneur.
- Skill-Building: Breakout sessions and workshops focused on building the knowledge and skill set connected to the launch and development of your venture. As innovators, we firmly believe in learning through action and encouraging collaboration in all of our sessions. At the end of the day, this is not about starting a venture, it is about making disruptive and radical change for kids and communities.
Who Should Attend
This conference is open to aspiring and current entrepreneurs – this includes corps members and alums at all stages from those curious about innovation in general to seasoned founders . We also welcome school leaders and community members who can provide a more systemic perspective to help develop or create their own systemic solutions.
Who’s speaking? We have an incredible lineup of organizations will be represented including our most successful, established entrepreneurs and prominent external experts in the field. We have included a preview below:
- 4.0 Schools will be leading 3 sessions taking you through the process of defining the problem you hope to solve, identifying your assumptions, and planning ways to test those assumptions in small pilots. This is perfect for early stage ideators (including innovative School and School Systems leaders!)
- LEE (Leadership for Educational Equity) is leading workshops for later stage entrepreneurs on how to incorporate policy work in your existing organization
- Colin Seale will help you hone those sales skills and you’ll walk out of the session with your own trial sales plan
- Money, Money, Money: the ins and outs of impact investing and VC funding in one room; foundations, grants, donors and other non-profit funding streams and coaching. Hear from Dan Carroll (Clever), Jenny Poon (Co-Hoots).
Next Steps | Register this weekend!
- Register HERE
- Book your travel. Refer to the registration page for travel guidance
- Financial aid is available. Please see the registration page to learn more.
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.