- A few weeks prior to our interview week/day, if you are interview ready, you will be invited to a virtual interview week webinar. Attendance at this event is required in order to be able to participate in an Interview Experience.
- About one week before the Interview Experience, you will receive your list of which schools you will be interviewing with, times of the interview, contact information with your interviewer along with some information about those schools.
- Over the course of 1 week, you will interview with several different school leaders (~4-7).
- These interviews will be virtual. (Via phone or skype or… anything else.)
- At the end of the week, you will have to rank all of the schools according to where you think you are the best fit.
- By the end of the week after interview week, we will run the Matching Tool Algorithm and then reach out to you to let you know if you have matched with a school, and if so, which one.
- If you are "matched", both the school and TFA consider you hired.
Much more information to come in the upcoming months! We are working with our partners to decide on the best times. We anticipate they will be in early May and Late May/Early June. (Please hold these times!)
There will also be an in-person Interview Day during the first Friday of Summer Training.
Matching Tool Algorithm
How It Works
- Developed over the course of 3-4 years in conjunction with a PhD student at the University of Chicago
- Created based on the matching process that issued in Medical School / Hospital matches and allowed for a new aspect of CM choice to enter our hiring policies
- CMs rank all schools they interview with and set a cut-off.
- School Leaders rank only the CMs they would like to hire.
- The algorithm makes matches based on the inputted rankings.
- In the event that more than one school wanted to hire the same CM, the CM’s ranked choices serve as a tie-breaker.
Exciting Results so Far!
- CMs who were hired via the matching tool had higher retention in the corps, even while holding other factors constant. (Better for CMs, Schools, and KIDS!)
- Almost all school leaders (more than 95%) got their first or second choice CM.
- Almost all CMs (more than 90%) also got their first, second, or third choice school.