WHAT IS THE RAF
The Regional Assistance Fund (RAF) is a micro grant program that provides up to $200 in support around Onboarding related expenses that are not otherwise covered by Teach For America.
How to Qualify
You must be a current Corps Member, in good standing*, with Teach For America. Your request for funds must be detailed and meet the "applicable expense" guidelines below.
*Good standing indicates that you are currently meeting the expectations and community commitments of the Onboarding experience, per the Welcome Webinar.
Applicable Expenses you can Request RAF Funding for:
- Funds to send ACT/SAT scores to ISBE
- Content test registration fees
- Content test fee-based study materials
- Payment for transcripts or transcript holds
- Application fee’s for University Partners
- ELS/T2T Licensure Registration
- Professional dress for interviews
- AmeriCorps background check fee
- CPR/First Aid certification (Northwest Indiana corps member only)
Requests for support outside of this list will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, we cannot guarantee approval.
In order to respond equitably to the diversity of need and circumstance, RAF applications are approved on a case-by-case basis. Funds are limited, as a result not all requests will be approved and/or may only be approved for a partial amount of the request. All approved applications will receive grant funds within 6-8 weeks of the approval date. You may request support from the RAF more than once, however, no individual may receive more than $200 total in funding.