2 year program
Master's Degree required
license received transferable to other states
Classes held in Chicago, 40% online and 60% in person
Application/enrollment begins Spring 2018
Educator License with Stipulations achieved August 2018
Get to Know Relay
Wonder what being a Relay Graduate Student is like? Click the video below to hear the perspectives of current corps members and learn about Relay's unique "Learn, Practice, Perform" approach to accelerating your development as a teacher leader:
Classes are held 40% online and 60% in person. Relay is still finalizing their "in person" space this year as they work with local schools to host classes. The map below shows the location of their home office.
- $9,000 per year
- The above cost represents your out-of-pocket yearly tuition pre-AmeriCorps award. If you are eligible for the AmeriCorps award you will be able to apply that towards your tuition to significantly reduce the out of pocket cost. For example: in 2016 corps members who received the AmeriCorps award paid, on average, $3,500 per year (once the award amount was applied). Read more here.
- November-January: Read about Relay on the hub, ask the Onboarding team questions.
- February: The Relay Application will be released to you via email. The application process takes 1-2 hours and will include (but is not limited to) sending in transcripts, entering demographic information and a short essay response. Teach For America will send Letters of Recommendation on your behalf. You cannot begin the application process until you receive the official email from Relay GSE.
- March-May: Your Relay application is due. You will be assigned a specific due date when you receive your application email in February. You cannot attend Summer Training if your application is incomplete.
- June-July: Complete Relay Summer Training Coursework (this will be built in to your Summer Training experience).
- August: Fall semester begins (official first day of Fall classes will be released by Relay during your Orientation at Summer Training).