Application Deadline: Waiting to Confirm 2018 dates
Erikson Institute is the premier independent institution of higher education committed to ensuring that all children have equitable opportunities to realize their potential. Recognized for our groundbreaking work in the field of early childhood, we uniquely prepare child development, education, and social work leaders to improve the lives of young children and their families. Our impact and influence is further amplified through our innovative academic programs, applied research, knowledge creation and distribution, direct service, and field-wide advocacy. Because nothing matters more than a child’s early years, Erikson Institute educates, inspires, and provides leadership to serve the needs of children and families so that all can achieve optimal educational, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
This program will provide you a deep, interdisciplinary understanding of early childhood development. It is excellent preparation for professional or leadership roles in the full range of disciplines and systems that serve young children and their families.
Graduates have had notable success in a whole range of fields — from child care and education to social service and mental health, from policy-making and analysis to health care and even the arts. These are the fundamentals that everyone needs to be effective working with or for children and families.
- Prior academic performance
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4-point scale.
- At least one year of practical experience, or equivalent, with young children (birth to eight years old) in a supervised setting
- Applicants to the online M.S. in early childhood education are expected to have a minimum of two years of full-time post-baccalaureate experience in an early childhood setting.
- Demonstrated suitability for the field
- Completed application, including essays and work history
- Completed applicant self-disclosure form
- Transcripts must be sent directly to Erikson from each college or university. Transcripts issued to students cannot be accepted.
- Official sealed transcripts of all previous college and university work
- Three letters of recommendation