University Partners



University Partners are the certifying bodies for your teacher license, they also play a key roll in your ongoing development as a teacher-leader. Enrolling and remaining in good standing with your graduate program is a requirement both for certification and Teach For America. Illinois State law requires that anyone seeking a teaching license through an alternative certification program take two years of coursework leading to a Masters of Teaching degree (MAT). However, in Indiana the process is different. Indiana State law only requires one year of course work leading to your Initial License (no Master Degree).

Calumet College of St. Joseph

If you are hired in Northwest Indiana, or are not hired but know you will be teaching there, you will attend Calumet College of St. Joseph

Click here to learn more. 




Relay Graduate School of Education

If you are teaching Elementary, Middle School, High School or Diverse Learning in Illinois you will attend Relay. 

Click here to learn more. 

NLU logo.JPG

National louis university

If you are teaching Early Childhood Education you will attend National Louis University (NLU).

Click here to learn more